Search This Blog

Saturday, February 1, 2020

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

If nothing else, this book is un-put-downable. Because--and this is no spoiler--we need to know what really happened and why Alicia won't talk.

Beyond the extraordinary plot, Michaelides really has a gift for developing the characters in the Silent Patient. Do we like or dislike Alicia? Depends on the day, I guess. Do we like Theo? And what about Elif, who's periphery character fascinated me.

There is a twist, of course, and it's a good one that I wasn't able to figure out until about 30 pages until the end. That's great news because I hate when it's given away too far in advance. It's how I was able to finish the book in three sittings (reading typically puts me to sleep, what can I say?).

Five stars to a well-written and conceived novel. So much fun! Find the Silent Patient here.

No comments:

Post a Comment